Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Updates are now at That Artsy Reader Girl
February 13: Love Freebie (Romances, swoons, OTPs, kisses, sexy scenes, etc.)
1) Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala – Star Wars. I am a sucker for forbidden love. I know some of the dialogue from the films are really cheesy and at times cringe-worthy, but it’s what lies underneath. Though they each have their oaths and responsibilities this couple throws caution to the wind to follow their hearts- unfortunately to their doom. Plus, they are so much fun to write in fan fiction.
2. Darrow and Mustang – Red Rising saga. They work so well together as leaders at the Insitute. He keeps her at arms length (for various reasons) but when they lead they’re warriors together – and it is gold. (Yes, that is a pun.) I love their intellectual foreplay (that sparring scene in Golden Son!) It is not a love based on shallow feelings but a partnership and in the end a mutual goal. Even if there are bumps along the way. When they finally get together I was like, “YES!”
3. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy – Pride and Prejudice. In the words of Sheldon Cooper, P&P is “a flawless masterpiece. He’s got too much pride, she’s got too much prejudice. It just works.” I love the journey they take to overcome their flaws and realize they belong together.
4. Monica Geller and Chandler Bing – Friends. There is nothing better than falling in love with your best friend. Friendship is the foundation of lasting love. I cried tears of joy during their milestone episodes. Everyone goes on and on about Ross and Rachel, but Monica and Chandler were my OTP since season 1.
5. Diana Bishop and Matthew Clairmont – All Souls Trilogy My favorite part of their romance is the trial and tribulations they go through in Shadow of Night. There are some really steamy love scenes and some really good relationship development moments that happen in the second book.
6. Sevro au Barca and Victra au Julii – Red Rising saga
They are quite the odd pair. She tall and gorgeous. He’s short and looks like a goblin. But they have the same crazy demeanor and will tell anyone the truth, even it hurts. They are also both fiercely loyal. It’s funny rereading Golden Son because he started out not trusting her and she though he was vulgar (which he is) and foolish. So seeing how that changes in Morning Star and now Iron Gold is gorydamn great.
7. Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood – The Mortal Instruments series. Here is my vice for forbidden love again with Shadowhunters being prejudice against Warlocks, and the older generations being homophobic. Then Magnus and Alec have other obstacles too. Like the fact that Magnus is immortal and Alec has a jealous steak. Unlike Anakin and Padmé, they get a happy ending.