Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Updates are now at That Artsy Reader Girl.
July 30: Freebie (Come up with your own topic! I might steal yours for a future TTT and credit you!)
Breaking the Sophomore Slump Myth!
A sophomore slump or sophomore jinx or sophomore jitters refers to an instance in which a second, or sophomore, effort fails to live up to the relatively high standards of the first effort.
My list is of books that break that stigma. I loved these books better than the first and in some cases (where I have read all three) they are actually my favorite of trilogy.
1) Golden Son by Pierce Brown
2) Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness.
3) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
4) Thrawn: Alliances by Timothy Zahn.
5) Sisters of the Fire by Kim Wilkins.
6) The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
7) Another Day by David Levithan