Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Updates are now at That Artsy Reader Girl.
April 2: Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book
1) The cover. I know they say don’t judge a book by its cover, but we do. It’s the first thing we see. A great cover catches your eye and makes you read the description. Though I have read books were I loved the cover but the story was not too great.
2) The plot. Once the cover has called me over I read the description to see if it sounds like something that I would like. Which brings me to…
3) The genre. I am usually browsing in the Sci-fi/Fantasy, Fiction, YA, or the Classic section. Very rarely do I pick up something out of those genres.
4) The author. Once I find an author I love I am loyal to that author and will look for any new book they have coming out.
5) The price/coupon. It always helpS if the book is on sale and I can use a coupon. I may have more books on my TBR than I have time to read/ listen to, but I still have to be thrifty. Which brings me to…
6) The format. I have hardcovers, paperbacks, an e-reader and the Audible app. Depending on where I am finding the best deal determines what format I will buy the book. For some series that I am obsessed with I bought them in all 3 formats.