op Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Updates are now at That Artsy Reader Girl.
November 6: Backlist Books I Want to Read
According to this site:
publishing industry definitions for frontlist vs. backlist books: Though timelines differ for different publishers, a book is considered “frontlist” from when it is newly released into the marketplace until it on the bricks and mortar or virtual bookstore shelves six months or so. A backlist title is a book that has typically been on sale for 6 months to a year.
I also found this interesting: The Beginner’s Guide to the Backlist.
Well, more than 6 months old will really make this a long, long list. I plan to do another post about my TBR piles. I have picked up so, so, so many books from conventions over that years, not mention books I buy on a whim but wait years to read. It will be hard to narrow it down for this list.
Top Ten Backlist Books I Want to Read
1) Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
2) The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst
3) Caraval by Stephanie Garber
4) Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
5) Year Zero by Rob Reid
6) Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
7) His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik
8) Illuminae: The Illuminae Files – 01, by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
9) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
10) Siracusa by Delia Ephron