Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Updates are now at That Artsy Reader Girl
Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read
I wish I had been born a princess or an heiress so I could just sit around all day and read. Or that I was in that Twilight Zone episode where the world dies except that one man who loves to read. Only I don’t wear glasses so I don’t have to worry about them breaking.
I could easily list over fifty books right now, but I’m sticking with ten. I’ll go with 10 I do intend to read.
(I also might have to consider just selling or donating some of the YA books I bought or picked up on a whim.)
1) Dark Passages by Kathryn Leigh Scott.
I bought it at SDCC (it was 2011, I think) after I saw her at a Dark Shadows panel. Kathryn Leigh Scott played Maggie Evans/Josette duPres on the show.
2) The Salem Branch by Lara Parker.
Yes, same as above, I bought this at SDCC after the Dark Shadows panel. Lara played Angelique and this book is actually set in the Dark Shadows world.
3) The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. Some of these books on my TBR are so old I can’t remember where I got them or if I bought them.
4) Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier.
I bought this while on vacation long ago. I loved her other book, Rebecca.
5) A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly.
6) The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (Pseudonym), J.K. Rowling.
I bought it right after it was revealed it was really Rowling.
7) Yes Please by Amy Poehler. I got it at B&N when she was doing a signing there.
8) I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai, Christina Lamb.
I think I need to prepare myself with tissues.
9) Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys.
I love her writing.
I think I might just donate or sell these. I liked their covers. I also don’t think I read as much YA as I used to.
Vixen by Jillian Larkin.
The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell